DAIO Is Hiring!
Software Engineer – Full Time / Contract-to-Hire – Salary: ~$80,000 (depending on experience), Franklin TN
Daio (http://daio.com) is looking for a high-quality developer to help foster the best dev-culture in Nashville while building software of consequence for the designer/developer community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds like you.
- have programming skills: You don’t have to know Node.js, but you’ve got to be a great programmer in *some* language and be willing and able to become one in Node.js.
- find an exhilarating beauty in discovering a simple solution to a complex problem. DRY & KISS should be your daily mantras.
- know by experience that whatever you don’t understand you can learn quickly.
We can teach you…
- the specifics of Node.js & MySQL.
- to render and modify graphics using the HTML5 Canvas APIs.
- to keep things synchronized using the HTML5 Socket APIs.
… but it’d be really nice if you’ve done some of it already too.
You’ll be employee #2 – working directly with the company’s founder (that’s me). I’ll be building the mobile apps, so I hope to be your co-worker more than your boss. We have continuous integration (Jenkins) and version control (Git) already setup for you when you walk in the door.
- You strive to do work you can be proud of.
- You do what you say and say what you do.
- You can recall the appropriate Simpsons or Futurama quote for any occasion.
What is Daio?
Daio (Design Assisted I/O) is building the future of interaction design software. Why are we prototyping mobile apps with software that’s meant to make swimsuit models glisten? Why are we still sending design files back and forth as attachments? Daio believes that mockups & prototypes are the best form of communication for interactive projects, but competitors like Basecamp, Trello, Fogbugz and others don’t do them justice. We’ll be working on a SaaS product for teams of designers, developers, and others to collaborate on interactive projects. We can do better, and we’re going to – with your help.
Why work at Daio?
- Autonomy: We’ll work closely at first, but you’ll be in charge of your own projects and day-to-day work soon enough. We’ll bring more devs in eventually, but you won’t be in charge of them – you’ll just be a few months ahead of them.
- Mastery: We’re building a company of doers – software craftsmen and craftswomen who are constantly learning from each-other. When you feel you’ve got the web covered, we’ll have a whole new world of server algorithms, mobile development, and data visualizations for you to pick-up.
- Purpose: You’ll be working to build futuristic collaboration tools for designers. It’s not a bad gig.
Bonus: Your company will TRY to operate like Valve as it grows. Have you read the handbook? I have.
- We have a brief meeting/call to see if I want to work with you and you want to work with me.
- I’ll bring you in for a 4 or 5 hour technical interview and ask you to do some coding exercises.
- There is no step three.